Friday, January 26, 2007

NATURE OF THE VENDING BUSINESS


There are many types of machines available. One type is the combo machine that sells both soda and snacks. These combo machines have the disadvantage of not holding much of any product, and therefore requiring frequent servicing. Most separate use snack and soda machines.


Finding a good location can be difficult, since many locations already have vending machines, do not want one, or are too tiny to get enough business. An operator may end up paying the store owner a 10% commission, which requires separate accounting for that machine. If the locations are too far apart, the operator may spend so much time driving between locations when filling them that the same amount of time could more profitably be spent working for someone else.

8 comments:

Make Money said...

Thank you for great vending machine info.

I think I want to start my own vending machine business

Steve said...

I own a San Diego Vending company and have seen first hand the type of success attainable in this industry. Customer service is key as well as a good understanding of industry standards. Many customers know little and expect a lot, you need to know you stuff.

Unknown said...

My personal experience with this vend placement company was this. I bought 50 Vendstar vending machines and was referred this company to place all the machines. I purchased a warranty contract from this company, they assured me that they would move any machines that weren't doing well after they were intially placed. The guys who came out to place my machines ended up being by Todd Parker words "blacklisted guys" who did a horrible job of placing all of my machines, now I have 25 machines that were given back to me by the intial locations that they were placed. So I call Todd Parker, to see if he can relocate the machines that are in bad locations and the machines that were given back to me by store owners. I called Todd for months, only to be ignored. So, I paid Secure Placement $1225 for a warranty that they will not honor. I just wanted to make people aware of my experience with Todd Parker and Secure Placement. Horrible

Todd Parker, Locating Manager
Secure Placement
www.secureplacementnow.com
866-841-4131

How2vend.com said...

Hey thanks for the article. We are in a tough recession right now and keeping up with industry tips and tricks are vital. To view some please visit How2vend.com

Unknown said...

If you are interested in getting machines with locations included checkout healthier4uvending.com

Duncan M said...

One such combination machine is the Shop 24 this sells a wide variety of items.

Unknown said...

the vending machine business is like any other you have to study it before you jump right in.

Alex said...

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I really liked this part of the article, This is truly awesome article.
Carbon Fiber Market Competitive Analysis Report – Report Banana